Equity and Inclusion in Environmental Education – Virtual Winter Learning Series
Click here for full Virtual Winter Learning Series Schedule and Registration
Join ICEC in the complicated, sometimes uncomfortable, ultimately joyful work of making Iowa’s conservation education community more inclusive and welcoming to all.
Self-guided readings, modules, and on-demand webinars lay a foundation for understanding.
- Equitable and Inclusive EE – 4 hour eeLearn module from NAAEE
- Implicit Bias Training – 60-90 minutes, self-guided, designed for K-12 Educators from the Kirwani Institute at The Ohio State University
- STEM and Equity Webinar – from the SC STEM Hub
Scheduled speakers, discussion groups, and the annual meeting provide the opportunity for discussion and dialogue.
- Luther College CEPE Panel: Race and Environmentalism – January 13, 7:00 p.m. CT
- Pronouns 101 from the Northeast Iowa Peace & Justice Center – January 14, 2021, 1:00 p.m. CT
- Panel Discussion on equity and inclusion with School of the Wild – January 21, 2021, 6:00 p.m. CT
- ICEC Annual Membership Meeting – January 28, 2021, 5:00-5:30 p.m. CT
- Keynote Presentation from Dr. Carolyn Finney, Skin in the Game: Black Faces, White Spaces & Seeing Green. This keynote supported by the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation – January 28, 2021, 6:00 p.m. CT
One recertification credit will be available through AEA Online Learning. The course is titled ICEC Virtual Winter Workshop Series – Equity and Inclusion in Environmental Education, course number 200934
Make sure you have an AEA Learning account first, then click here to go directly to the this course to register! Only cost is for the re-certification credit. Once registered, you will receive the necessary links for each session!
Please contact Barb Gigar for more information.