The Iowa Conservation Education Coalition (ICEC) has partnered with the University of Iowa College of Education to host the 2022 Winter Workshop: Resiliency and Adaptation to Climate Change.
A one-day in-person event in Iowa City on February 12, 2021 will include presentations on the impacts of, and responses to, climate change in Iowa. A blend of sessions to inform and help participants take action will highlight how Iowans are adapting, responding to, and mitigating the effects of climate change.
Winter Workshop is targeted to educators (teachers, naturalists, other non-formal educators), college students – particularly those going into education in some capacity, or any who are working to help their communities and networks understand and respond to the climate crisis.
We are looking for presenters to share your expertise, resources, and/or current work around this complex topic during the in-person event or as part of the pre/post event activities.
February 12, 2022 (30 or 60 minute session)
- disparities in impacts of climate change on different communities
- challenges to agriculture, communities and natural systems
- tools that workshop participants can use to engage their audiences and help them understand direct impacts of climate change and what they can do to be part of the solution
- current efforts and initiatives that improve resiliency in natural systems and/or adaptations to address impacts
Online presentations and resources shared with attendees throughout February:
- Pre-event resources and presentations that provide more in-depth information on impacts and issues
- Post-event resources and presentations that focus on tools to engage/teach and opportunities to improve resiliency
Please complete the short form by November 19, 2021 if you are willing to do a presentation or have resources that can be shared with attendees.