Winter Workshop 2020
Iowa’s PHENOMENAL Natural Resources
January 24-25, 2020
Marshalltown Community College, Marshalltown, Iowa
This two-day event includes hands-on sessions to explore natural resource-based phenomena, along with several resources to identify and explore phenomena with your students. Registration is open.
Explore grade-appropriate Iowa phenomena; with a host of educational resources and tools to explore them. Learn how to develop investigable questions, make observations, and gather/record data and analyze it. Try your hand at a Game Jam and learn how you can use it to build STEM skills.
Participants will receive:
- Project WILD and Aquatic WILD Guides including expanded field investigations (recently updated, $55 value),
- Revised “Using Iowa Authentic Data” units including storylines, plus
- Resources to teach outdoor observation skills, field investigations, and more!
Registration will include meals and materials. (Friday lunch and dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch) and materials. Full conference registrants will also receive a free one-year membership to ICEC ($30 value). One teacher recertification credit is also available through AEA Learning: https://aealearning.truenorthlogic.com.
Member registration: $100 ($125 after January 9)
Nonmember registration: $135 ($160 after January 9)
Student or AmeriCorps Member registration: $75 ($100 after January 9)
Saturday only registration: $50 ($60 after January 9)
Hotel: There is a block of 30 double queen rooms at $65 + tax for 1/24/2020 at the Best Western Regency Inn, 3303 South Center Street, Marshalltown, Iowa 50158. Reservations Phone #: 641-752-6321. Rooms will be released on 1/17/2020.
When you call, be sure to note that you are with ICEC (Iowa Conservation Education Coalition) to get the rate.
Registration is closed.
This professional development opportunity supported by:
Aquatic WILD / Project WILD
- Charting a Course for the Future of Conservation Education in Iowa: A needs Assessment and Action Plan
- Connecting to Iowa Core: Authentic Data Training